Last Updated: February 16, 2021
- Information Collection
- Information Use
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Tracking Technologies
- External Links
- Access to and Control of Information
- Data Security
- Data Retention
- Data Transfer
- Children’s Information
- California Privacy Rights
- Contact Information
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Website includes the information described below.
- Visitor or Member Information: We will collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your name, employer’s name, job title, mailing address(es), e-mail address(es), telephone number(s), fax number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, etc. that you voluntarily give to us to join NNSC, set up your membership account on the Website or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Website, including any online chats or message boards we may maintain. Such information is necessary to facilitate your access to, use of, purchase of, or participation in our service and product offerings, including, but not limited to: membership; events, webinars, meetings, and conferences; educational programs; and online forums. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Website.
- Automated Information: Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Website includes information such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Website.
- Log Files: Log files store information such as a user’s IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. Like most websites, the NNSC Website uses log files to analyze trends, administer the Website, and track users’ movement on the Website.
- Data From Social Networks: User information from social networking sites, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Twitter, including your name, your social network username, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and public data for contacts, if you connect your account to such social networks.
- Third-Party Data: Information from third parties, such as personal information or network friends, if you connect your account to the third party and grant the Website permission to access this information.
- Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys: Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
NNSC uses the information that we collect to provide our services and products and to operate our business. We may use and store such information for legitimate and lawful business purposes, for example, in order to:
- create and manage your membership account;
- provide a service or product you requested;
- secure your membership status;
- fulfill and manage your membership benefits and purchases, orders, payments and other transactions;
- analyze, evaluate, and improve member and prospective member needs, interests and trends, and improve the member and prospective member experience;
- notify you (via email, telephone, mail and other means) of NNSC official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, benefits and offer new products, services and recommendations to you;
- contact you (via email, telephone, mail and other means) regarding your member account, registrations or orders of our products and services;
- send you newsletters and other communications;
- deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Website and our mobile application to you;
- increase the efficiency and operation of the Website and our mobile application;
- track event, meeting, and conference attendance;
- prepare member, attendee, sponsor and other lists and share or license such lists with third parties including, without limitation, other members, attendees, sponsors and exhibitors;
- prepare invoices and process payments;
- compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties;
- respond to communications and inquiries that you send to us;
- respond to a notice of alleged copyright infringement;
- promote the function, safety and security of our services;
- perform other business and association activities as needed;
- assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena; and
- for other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, we rely on multiple legal bases to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personal data, including that:
- you have given consent, which you may withdraw at any time;
- it is necessary for us to perform a contract with you;
- it is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations;
- it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests;
- it is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions; and/or
- it is necessary to protect someone’s life.
To the extent we rely on our legitimate interests as a legal basis to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personally identifiable information and data, those interests include: providing a product or service you requested; securing your membership status; fulfilling your membership benefits; analyzing, evaluating, and improving member and prospective member needs and interests; notifying you of NNSC official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits; tracking event, meeting, and conference attendance; preparing invoices and processing payments; responding to communications and inquiries that you send to us; responding to a notice of alleged copyright infringement; and promoting the function, safety and security of our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations with a third party in order to complete a specific business transaction on behalf of NNSC or other legitimate purposes including the following:
- Your name and contact information, as provided to NNSC, may be shared with NNSC’s partners, exhibitors, sponsors, or other members to provide a service, fulfill a contractual obligation, satisfy a question, or develop a prospective business relationship. We are not responsible for members’ use or misuse of your personal information.
- Your name and contact information, as provided to NNSC, may appear on registration or attendee lists distributed at NNSC programs, events, meetings, and conferences to other attendees and third parties including, but not limited to, exhibitors or sponsors. We are not responsible for use or misuse of your personal information by exhibitors, sponsors, or the like.
- We may share your personal information with third parties that provide services to NNSC including, but not limited to, administration/operation support; marketing, promotions, and communications; program, event, meeting, or conference enrollment, registration, planning, hosting, or management; website hosting; database management; data analysis; hosting services; payment processing; or other data processing.
- If you interact with other users of the Website (including Insights and our blogs), those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, and posting and following blogs.
- When you post comments, thought pieces, contributions or other content to the Website, our blogs, Insight, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Website in perpetuity and we may post and highlight such content on the Insights page of the Website as well as on our YouTube channel, LinkedIn page and other social media accounts.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Website. These companies may use information about your visits to the Website and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
There are external links to other websites throughout the Website. Please note that NNSC is not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites and hereby disclaim any liability or responsibility in connection with such linked websites.
Access to and Control of Information
NNSC takes your privacy and the protection of your personally identifiable information seriously, and we will provide you with reasonable access to and control of the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. You may request to update your personal information or to opt in to or opt out of any service offerings at any time.
Membership Account Information: You may at any time review or change the information in your membership account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Emails and Communications: If you no longer wish to receive commercial correspondence, emails, or other communications from us (such as advertisements, promotions, solicitation, etc.), you may opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Website
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, you may have additional rights concerning your personal data, such as to access, obtain a copy of, correct, or delete that information or to withdraw your consent or object to the collection, use, sharing, or other processing of that information. To make any request with respect to your personal information, please contact NNSC as set forth below in the “Contact Information” section.
We employ reasonable security measures to protect your personal information. Online registration and information, such as payment card information, will be secured using a commercially accepted method of encryption. However, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission is completely infallible, and any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee its absolute safety. If you become aware of any breach of Website security, please contact us immediately.
If you are visiting the Website from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information, including personal data, to the United States where our servers are located. That information may then be transferred within the United States or to other countries outside the United States other than your country of residence. Countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, may have data privacy and protection laws that differ from, and potentially provide less protection than, the applicable laws in your country of residence.
Neither the NNSC website (“Website”) nor its products and services are directed toward children under the age of sixteen (16). We do not knowingly collect information from or market to children. If we become aware that a child has provided us with information without parental consent, please contact us using the contact information provided below and such information will be deleted from our records.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website or our mobile application, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website or our mobile application. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website or our mobile application, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
If you have questions, please contact us at:
Network of Nonprofit Search Consultants
200 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 3100
Chicago, IL 60606
Phone: (703) 517-2770